We have more than 1800 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
General Ledger Accountants are accountable for ensuring that business transactions are properly accounted for and accurately reflect the company’s accounting process. General Ledger Accountants are the owners of the financial statements for each separate entity, as well as consolidated statements for the entire company. The General Ledger is the central core of accounting information system that provides a complete record of financial transactions over the life of the company.
General Ledger Compliance Team supports Accountants in their daily job by administering the tools and monitoring the work done across different teams: in and outside of GBS. This includes SOX compliance monitoring and suggesting any improvements to current processes.
- Account Reconciliation Cloud Service (ARCS) and FCCS (Financial Consolidation and Close Service) tool administration (focused on account reconciliation, variance analysis, month end task management)
- Close cooperation with senior team members, GL and other finance teams across different locations, including the Corporate Accounting management
- Response and resolve Minor Incidents relating to the tool
- Assistance in a constant work towards efficiencies in the tool usage and GL process improvements
- Act as the point of contact for ARCS users
- Process user requests with regards to reassignment, groupings, setting changes, new task set-up etc
- Provide guidance and functional advice to ARCS users
- Troubleshoot and solve simple ARCS related issues
- Diagnose and escalate technical issues beyond own support scope to senior team members/IT
- Engage with users to verify reported issues
- Track & resolve ServiceNow tickets for User Administration.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or IT with equivalent finance experience
- Professional experience in Finance/Accounting functions that allows to critically evaluate processed requests
- Very good working knowledge of MS Excel
- English skills that allow to communicate well and professionally in everyday situations, including running conference calls
- Ability to learn quickly
- Critical mind and problem solving skills with attention to details
- “Can do” attitude
- Flexible to change and ease to adjust to dynamic working environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to topics related to IT solutions in accounting.
- Experience with administration of accounting reconciliation tools (BlackLine, ARCS, ARM) will be a big asset
- Experience with ERP accounting systems (Oracle R12 preferred)
- Knowledge or willingness to learn on databases structures in long run
- Previous exposure to US GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and controls
- Eager for process improvement and looking for work/process efficiencies.
- International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth and work-life balance
- Friendly atmosphere and professional collaboration founded on diversity and inclusion in the workplace (e.g. employees’ organizations initiatives like Women’s Networks, Green Team, Toastmasters, sport activities)
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Benefits package (e.g. private medical care, life insurance, Multisport card, car park sharing system, bicycle parking)
- Personal development opportunities, including but not limited to, a range of professional trainings and certifications (e.g. ACCA, CIMA), post-graduate studies
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely based on business requirements.